Support Forum
Welcome to our community! Browse the forums, share a tip, give your feedback, ask a question, and search to find answers.

A file download triggering a form submission?

Similar to an ecommerce function, but in order to download a file, a prompt pop up box asking an email to be able to download a file.

Does such function exist? If not, what is the work-around?

Thank you!

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi Sheena,

there is a quick and simple solution to this:

1. Create the form you want to have on your conversion page

2. In Edit mode head over to Form element > Settings > After successful submit

3. Choose ‘redirect to’ option

4. Put the absolute URL of the file you want your customers to download

* please note that you may upload your file to Google Drive, set its permission to public and use its link in the Step 4

hope this helps.

Regards,

Gev

Founder @Ucraft

Like 1
  • Hi!

Thank you for your response.

I did a work around with the ecommerce function before seeing your response. 

So I put the file as a product with no price and the file available for download is at the end of the payment and in the email.

My question is, where are the customer's information go? Since i cannot find their emails used to download in the customers dashboard.

Thank you

Best regards

Sheena

• Hey Sheena!

Whenever your customers purchase a product their information automatically goes to the 'Customers' section. To access it please navigate to Dashboard → eCommerce App → My Sales → Customers.

Ucraft Support Team

Like 1
Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 46Views
  • 3 Following